Bard's Clemente Course in Kingston, New York
Classes will meet every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m on Zoom and in person when possible, from October 6- January 26. The deadline for applications is October 1, 2022 and our first class will be October 6, 2022 from 6-8pm. For inquiries and to submit your application, e-mailed Marina van Zuylen at [email protected]. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older, highly motivated and committed. They must have the time and desire to attend classes regularly, complete assignments outside of class, and participate fully in the course for the entire three-month term.
Enrolling in Clemente Courses at Bard and Beyond
If you would like to join a Clemente Course:
- First, check the list of current Bard-affiliated Clemente Courses to see if there is a course located near you.
- Consult the Clemente Course's national website.
- Using the provided information, contact the local affiliate or course director in order to set up an interview.
- Follow the application procedures for the course you've selected.
Requirements for Enrolling
- Be older than 17 years
- Have the ability to read a newspaper in English
- Belong to a household with income of no higher than 150 percent of the federal poverty level
- Express a willingness to commit to the course for several months and to do the required work
Did You Know?
You can receive college credits for the Clemente Course, but you don't need to pay for them. Bard College covers the cost of tuition.
Our Students in Their Own Words
"Every week we come committed, trying to find our voice. We all take risks beyond what is imaginable. For several hours each week, we put aside our daily lives and are encouraged to reach deep down inside and build on what we already possess."
"I have gained a new respect for myself and confidence to continue my education. I took great joy in sharing every subject with family and friends. I even forced Hobbes on my co-workers."
If contact information in the program list is missing, or if you are interested in the possibility of courses opening in your area in the future, email Marina van Zuylen, Bard's representative for the Bard College Clemente Course in the Humanities.